Thursday 6 September 2012

Principal Survival Kit


This was definitely the nicest "welcome-back-to-school" gift that I have ever received.  Actually, the entire staff received them, compliments of our wonderful school PAC.

It speaks to all of the wonderful parts of our work:
  • the kids
  • the creativity
  • the fun
  • the light-hearted moments
  • the learning
Most of all, it was a wonderful reminder of the terrific place that I get to go to work to.  It might be my job, but it is also the place that I want to be every day.

A few of my favourite lines/items:
  • Chewing gum to help you stick to it
  • Eraser to remind you everyone makes mistakes
  • Paperclips to hold it all together
  • Rubber band to remind you to be flexible
And, most of all, a Shiny Penny to remind you that each will shine in his or her own special way.

Thank you for a wonderful welcome to the new school year!

1 comment: